Because I like my information accurate

Vanguard is saying that the 2009 Roth IRA contribution limit is $5,000. I've been unable to verify this amount with official word from the government anywhere so I emailed Vanguard asking where they got this information and if it's accurate. I'll keep you posed on what they say.

Speaking of accurate
Looks like the rumor mill was right. There were more layoffs. One division, which handles more internal stuff, apparently got hit very hard. A friend of mine at work joked that I should be ok for the next five months, seeing how layoffs seem to roll in 5 to 6 month shifts. Great.

I'm off to review my 2009 budget, based on not getting an increase. Of course I'm hoping that's not the case, I need a raise now more than ever. However you know how the saying goes "hope for the best, prepare for the worst." I wonder how some of my fellow bloggers would react if their employers told them they would get neither a raise nor a bonus for 2009.