Random thought

I believe if this country is as pro-family as they say they are, they would push for "paternal leave" to be as widely acceptable as maternity leave in corporations. I believe that both both partners raising a child should get six weeks paid leave from their jobs to care for that child. This should be for heterosexual and same-sex partners. I believe it should also extend to partners who have adopted a child.

In my opinion, having two people home for the full six week period makes for better bonding with the baby, as well as better support for both parents. I think it's rather antiquated for a women to have leave then have to get another family member (usually her mother) to help out what the father has to go back to work, often because the income is needed. Provide parental, rather than just maternal, leave and I believe it would be a tremendous benefit.

Ok. Going to bed now.