Denial

One of my many guilty pleasures is reading Post Secret. Today I came across this one:




Even though I'm in good financial shape, I still have moments like this secret. Sometimes I'll notice that I'm spending money rather freely and I will purposefully not check my credit card statements or bank accounts online because I don't want to see how much I spent. I don't want to acknowledge my recklessness and see the damage I had done. That's a little dramatic, but that's what it feels like sometimes. I feel a bit of shame for not being mindful of my spending so I loathe seeing how much I'd spent. But like a responsible adult, I face my reality and deal with the consequences, like if I spent a week eating out, it means that's less money towards my savings goals.

It sucks to fall off the wagon, but the important thing is to get back in before things get out of control.