Money Bar Update

I've updated bar for my last financial goal for 2008: The 2009 Roth IRA/New Computer Fund. I'm currently at 26% of my goal. For some reason I'm having difficulty saving for this one. I'm actually about $200 short because I've been spending frivolously elsewhere. Part of me is so very tired of saving money. I understand these goals as important, however it's just getting a little old for me.

But I've already set this goal and it is important to me. I just have to find a way to re-energize somehow. The good news is that I've been asked to assist on a project at work that will give me some much needed overtime, so I'm sure I'll be able to make up that $200. That along with keeping focused on enjoying and using what I already have instead of buying...or more correctly, what I wish I could by buying.

Focus...focus...focus...

Oh! I didn't do a net worth update for August. I completely forgot because I was off visiting the BF. I didn't look at my funds or anything but I'm pretty sure I can sum it up for you with the following:

1. Retirement funds lost money.
2. My cash savings increased.
3. My credit card debt increased because I was spending money that I didn't need to spend.
4. That credit card debt was paid off after cutting into the money I was supposed to save. So instead of saving $800, I only saved $600 for August.

But the bottom line is that all my bills are paid, I was still able to save, and I am still completely and totally debt free. :-D