Updates!

1. JUST mailed the forms to Vanguard to move my Roth IRA to them from my bank. Yay! Glad to get that done and out of the way. Now just to wait for them to get it all done.

2. I signed up for a free, four-part retirement seminar through my employer that starts today. It's going to be one hour every Thursday for four weeks. I'll be sure to report back to give my thoughts. The four parts are:

  • Building the Foundation
  • Creating and Protecting Wealth
  • Establishing Your Retirement Income Stream
  • Making the Most of What You Have

3. As part of Women's History Month, my employer is also sponsoring a talk about financial empowerment with Mellody Hobson! OMG! I'm so excited that I'll be able to see her in person! Mellody is the President of Ariel Capital Management, LLC, one of the largest African American-owned money management and mutual fund companies in the country.

Clearly, I'm very interested in hearing what she has to say about how woman can do more for themselves financially.