Random Thoughts

1. My review at work in December. I'm a little anxious to know what my pay increase will be. Knowing this will be a big help for planning my budget and financial goals for 2008.

2. Had dinner with the girls tonight. I normally don't go out so I can save money, but tonight I decided to wing it and I'm glad I did. I had a great time and only spent $40. That included dinner, drinks, tax, tip, and transportation. Sweet!

3. I'm trying not to look at my 401k performance. I know it's ugly. I'm going to refrain from looking until the end of the month to do my net worth post. In the meantime, I'll hope all the asshats on wall st. will settle down and just accept what their greedy behinds got into (I know, I know, some home owners are at fault also. Their asshats too in my book. I've got plenty of grievances to air on this topic.)

4. At the end of the day, I'm thankful for where I am and what I have.

5. Kanye West's mother, Dr. Donda West, passed away. This has been all over the news lately. What I find interesting is that in some news outlets, she is just referred to as Donda West leaving out that the woman has a Ph. D. I find it curious that major news outlets would leave this detail out. Then again, maybe I shouldn't. This has nothing to do with finance directly...nonetheless a random thought.